Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Happy Daisy journal

So, remember that journal I made myself a while back? Well probably not, as I don't mention it much, but it's right here. Anyway, I showed it to my bestfriend, and the first thing she said was "Oh! I'd like one of those for my birthday!" and seeing as it was a pretty big birthday, I obliged and got sewing.

Happy Daisy journal
Happy Daisy journal
It's made of a whole heap of panels, felt based, or dyed-denim, or cotton.
Happy Daisy journal
The fabric here, better seen in the first photograph, was plain cream calico that I hand-dyed and stamped, then embellished to the hilt!
Happy Daisy journal
Happy Daisy journal
I do love buttons, like lace, they can be added to anything and make it look prettier (in my opinion!).
Happy Daisy journal
Happy Daisy journal
There is a lot of stitching, it took a while - and ended up being a belated gift - but I'm really pleased with how it ended up! It was a wrench giving it away, but that's how it should be :)
Happy Daisy journal

I love giving handmade gifts - I started working on my Christmas presents a couple of weeks back - that's so early for me, usually everything is a late November rush! This year I'm trying to be organised. Haha. I'll let you know how that works out!

4 comments:

  1. Awe, cute! Happy birthday to your lovely friend! Thank you for the sweet comment!
    xo, Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the recipient of the journal/photo album, am very honoured... thankyou my lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that is beautiful, i bet your friend was over the moon with it :D

    I must make a start on xmas presents once I'm done with making petes bday one. I've already got an idea of what I want to make you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elsie - thankyou!

    Nicki - Glad you liked it!! You're very welcome :)

    Sarah - Hehe! I love handmaking christmas gifts! I'm working on my second one at the moment :) Ooh! exciting! I sort of have an idea of what I want to do for you, but it may change! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...