Pages

Monday 27 February 2012

Happy Daisy

Don't get me wrong, I love technology, I'm a little bit of an apple snob once a mac never go back, but I do find I can lose hours and hours from my life to the internet, I can look back on days and think "What did I actually do today?" Which is pretty ridiculous to be honest. Hence my 45 minute computer allowance for part of my 40-Day Lent challenge. It reminds me of when I was younger, in the days of dial-up internet and was limited to half an hour's internet time (after 6.00pm only of course!). 

Happy Daisy

As I gave up my macbook for Lent last year, I had an idea of how it was going to be this year, but I forgot how quiet it is! I rely on my iMac for music, audiobooks and the radio, or putting a dvd on in the background while I'm working. I've been listening to CD's on my old CD/Cassette player quite a bit! I've been spending my time knitting, baking, making, writing and cooking. It's nice to be able to look back at the day and see actual things that I've made, rather than just files I've created, or things I've posted on twitter! A♥

images are of this week's knitting projects, learning a new stitch, and finishing up a sock. 


5 comments:

  1. Oh fab. Sounds lovely...there's no way I'm giving the www up for lent as it's my 'window to the world's..

    Should give up sweets really...

    Nev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could give up the internet, but blogging and reading blogs is my favourite thing to do! I really like your 45 minute limit though :)it's great to have so much time to do other things! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blogs to! The internet is full of so many beautiful and inspiring things.. But I do tend to lose many hours to it! Hehe xx

      Delete
  3. i'm going to play along with this too (http://vickiyb.blogspot.com/) I think it's a great idea!!!! have a brilliant month xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Vicki! It's a challenge but it's fun to sit and look at all the things you achieve! :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...