Pages

Thursday 8 December 2011

25 Days Of Christmas:: Day 8 :: Pom Pom Wreath

Happy Daisy 25 Days of Christmas
This is a fun little project, that's quite simple, if a little time consuming, but looks fabulous! This year I decided it was time to replace our old and faintly outdated Christmas Wreath, so I came up with several different designs for pretty new ones. This one's probably the simplest of the lot, all you need is wool and wire (or a wire wreath frame)! I probably used about 300g of double-knit weight yarn to make my pom poms.

I used this tutorial for making my pom poms, but you can use whichever way works best for you! Once you've got enough pom poms, I used about forty for this wreath (mine are 3 fingers wide, if that makes sense) its best to have too many than not enough - you want your wreath to look full :) Then all you need to do, is tie them to a wire hoop / wreath. I left a little 'tail' of yarn when I was tying off my poms, which is perfect for attaching them to the wire with. 
Tip: If you haven't got a wire wreath frame, make your own hoop out of florist/garden wire - I doubled mine up for extra strength.


I think I'm going to make another one, in really bright, vibrant colours and hang it on my bedroom wall!


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...