Pages

Monday 12 December 2011

25 Days Of Christmas:: Day 12 :: A Little Christmas Panic

I haven't had a chance to post much about actual life, since December started, so as well as some little snaps of my Christmas tree, here's a little bit of behind-the-scenes nonsense...
Happy Daisy 25 Days Of Christmas
Happy Daisy 25 Days Of Christmas
Happy Daisy 25 Days of Christmas

It was pointed out to me by a friend and keen observer, that I am trying to do too much. I was writing a to-do list at the time, probably with a very panicky expression on my face! There is less than two weeks to go until The Big Day and I (like so many people) have so much to do. Ice the cake, finish making presents, make cards for everyone I've ever met etc etc. It's the sort of list that no one could complete in a short amount of time, without even considering working, or my dreaded UCAS application. My portfolio has been put on hold and I haven't read a book in about two months (this is a big deal, reading is probably my number one hobby after arts'n'crafts) which is pretty dull. I haven't even had the chance to properly decorate the house yet, which is probably the saddest thing of all! 
I absolutely love Christmas, but I have so many ideas and I am terrible at saying no. I should probably have bought all my presents from amazon.co.uk, but that feels too much like quitting to me, what's another sleepless night spent knitting anyway?!

Happy Daisy 25 Days Of Christmas
Happy Daisy 25 Days Of Christmas
 I am trying so hard to make it extra-special, that the Christmas season is passing me by! I haven't watched a single Christmas film this year, or read any of my just-for-Christmas trashy chick lit novels... I'm having a little bit of a Christmas meltdown! Am I the only one?! Lots of you will be reading this thinking, "Uh Amy, get a grip, I run a house and bring up children, and work full-time, this is nothing!" and you're quite right! 
Kudos to you, ladies (and gentlemen), you've earned my respect, good and proper! 
Lots of love, a very frazzled, but still festive, Amy xx

1 comment:

  1. Amy- you are one of the most productive people I have ever met in real life. Seriously.
    We are so alike- I know that guilty feeling when you aren't working on your to-do list and every night you go to bed feeling as if you haven't done enough (no matter how much you actually did that day).
    Being ill has really taught me a lot about myself in those areas. It's hard, but you do have to say no to things. Remember to stay sane miss!
    Overdoing it was one of the reasons I fell ill in the first place. Not resting enough after I had a heat stroke and going straight back into school. (I was doing As and A level Animation at the same time- because I dropped maths and english the previous year). I wouldn't take it back- I loved it, I learnt so much- but I learnt more about myself that year, and about taking it easy, pacing yourself and remembering how wonderful i am. (ha!)

    Seriously, though. Something that helped me was right before bed, I would tuck my to-do list away and write out all the things i ACTUALLY did that day. Looking at the completed list gave me peace for the night. And it allowed me to take breaks. (when my illness is bad, sometimes I just write: Got out of bed. Brushed my teeth. Hugged my cat. Checked e-mails). No matter how small it is, write it down. Anything you're proud of doing.

    This is really long- but can I just say that your blog looks amazing, and it looks like you are doing LOADS! Please watch a christmas film.

    love you so much.
    kimxo

    p.s. that tree is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...