Pages

Saturday 22 December 2012

Kaffe Fassett Magic

Happy Daisy Kaffe Fassett Inspiration 
source
Kaffe (Kaffe-rhymes-with-safe) Fassett is one of my biggest inspirations - he's one of the most prolific textile artists I have come across and his work with colour is amazing. I went to a lecture he gave at the V&A last week to listen to him talk about his new autobiography Dreaming In Colour. Something that I was particularly pleased to see was the amount of beautiful Kaffe knitwear designs that the audience were wearing - fabulous.

In case you haven't come across any of his work before - Kaffe is multidisciplinary artist - he's a painter, a quilter, a knitter, a fabric designer, mosaic artist, rug hooker - the list goes on.

Happy Daisy Kaffe Fassett
source
Happy Daisy Kaffe Fassett Inspiration
Happy Daisy Kaffe Fassett
source
Happy Daisy Kaffe Fassett
source
Isn't the colour just beautiful? After his lecture I finally got up the courage to actively try and knit fairisle properly - before now I've had problems with tension and holes and all sorts, but I am working on a little project that I am very proud of! Although it may take me until next Christmas to finish!

A ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...