photo by Kim Smith
I've been at university a month. In this month I have done two presentations, a group project, cooked a lot of meals, been to exhibitions, been to the student bar, made a lot of phonecalls, made some friends, learnt how to etch, not slept all that much. Here are some of the things I've learnt...
1. Having a planner is essential - especially if you're as scatter brained as I am.
2. Working part-time is handy - being a student is very expensive.
3. Working part-time is also exhausting. Be prepared to be very tired most of the time.
4. Sitting in your comfort zone is not acceptable.
5. Sometimes being an honest and good person doesn't get you anywhere.
6. Enamel pans may be beautiful, but they're a nightmare to clean.
7. There really isn't much time for socialising.
8. Not everyone works as hard as I do.
9. White vinegar is great for mildewy washing machines.
10. The general public hate students.
11. Printmaking is amazing.
12. Life drawing is exhausting.
13. Although pumpkin soup is nice, it takes ages to make.
14. Microwaves are stupid.
I still have a lot to learn, I think 'stress less' needs to go on the next learning-list! A ♥