Pages

Sunday 29 January 2012

Inspirations, Role Models (and glitter)

The wonderful Rookie Magazine was asking readers to submit photos of shrines they'd made, so I thought I'd send in some photos of my Hero Crush Wall (see this post for an explanation of Hero Crushes) in all it's gemstone-adorned, fake flower glory. Then it occurred to me that I should probably share them here, seeing as all the women featured are pretty big inspirations to me.
Happy Daisy Hero Crush
 JK Rowling. If you don't know who she is, well, just where have you been?! A woman who needs no explanation nor justification for her inclusion on the wall.
Evanna Lynch, who has a whole hero-crush post dedicated to her, here.
Imelda May, this lady is seriously stylish and one of my favourite singers, her song Kentish Town Waltz blows me away every time I hear it.
Florence Welch, I like her songs and her hair. Yes, this is totally a valid reason for her being on my wall.
Happy Daisy Hero Crush
Helena Bonham Carter. I can't really explain my love for Helena, but she is amazing.
Caitlin Moran, journalist, feminist, writer of How To Be A Woman. Her frank openness is pretty inspirational to someone who spends a lot of time looking at the floor, like I do.
Louise Brealey, journalist, feminist (see a pattern here?!) there's a fabulous interview with Louise here that sparked off a twitter-war about the pros and cons of waxing. She also's in one of my all-time favourite tv shows, a win all round. 
Happy Daisy Hero Crush
Tavi Gevinson, blogger, feminist, editor-in-chief of Rookie Magazine, I'm not going to go on about how young she is, because that's all everyone seems to focus on,

So there you have it - and don't judge me please! I don't watch reality telly or read trashy celebrity magazines, but I do cut and stick pictures of fabulous and talented and beautiful and intelligent people on my wall. Then I cover them in rainbow gems, kiddie stickers and fake flowers. I am at heart, still a thirteen year old ;) Axx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...