Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Warning! Fangirling ahead (what with the last ever Harry Potter film coming up - it was only a matter of time really! It's the 'movie event of a generation' don't you know?!) Oh, and I feel I should say SPOILER WARNING, but can anyone really not know what happens by now?!

So, iTV are running a 'vote for the top 50 Potter movie moments' on their facebook page - click here to have your say. Of course I voted, but I was disappointed not to see a few of my own favourite moments featured. To remedy this, I thought I'd share them here. I've been working on this post for a while (I'm pretty indecisive when it comes to my favourite parts!) and trying hard to not to make it a Severus Snape Hall of Fame*… Three guesses who my favourite character is?! ;)

Nearly all of these can be preceded with "Well, it was better in the book…" but we shall ignore that!

In no particular order:
Happy Daisy harry potter
Prisoner of Azkaban: Snape standing between Harry, Ron and Hermione, and Werewolf-Lupin. This stayed with me for hours after I first saw it, all those years ago! It was the first time I really thought, 'Perhaps he's not as bad as everyone thinks'.

Happy Daisy harry potter
Half Blood Prince: The moment when Severus comes up behind Harry, who's watching helplessly as Dumbledore's surrounded by Death Eaters, and puts his finger to his lips. I can't really explain why I like this so much, but I thought it was truly moving.

Happy Daisy harry potter

Deathly Hallows pt. 1: Hermione wiping her parents memories. I thought this illustrated the enormous personal sacrifices that were being made throughout the wizarding world, utterly brilliantly. It was the only moment that made me cry upon first watch. Nope, I didn't cry for Dobby, not first time around.

Happy Daisy harry potter
Deathly Hallows pt. 1: Snape striding through the gates of Malfoy Manor.
This is a pretty shallow one. By now my crush on Severus Snape should be obvious ;) - this was one of my favourite parts of the movie. So, so brave! Swoon.


I'm expecting to love so many parts of Hallows pt. 2, if the trailer is anything to go by, that I shall probably have to do another Top Moments post, especially for it! Cannot wait.

* a Severus Snape Hall of Fame is a pretty good idea actually… Keep your eyes peeled for it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...