Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Knitting Adventures! #02

Happy Daisy knitting

My second knitting adventure! Socks! I've wanted to knit socks for ages - I'm not really sure why, they're just so cosy and they're not too big - so how much time can they take?! But the idea of knitting on four needles terrified me and put me off for ages.

Happy Daisy knitting
Happy Daisy knitting

I finally got my act together at the end of June, and started constructing my first ever pair of socks. They were a lot easier than I thought - the only problem was 'turning' the heel, and although they don't quite match (due to a few mistakes here and there) and they're a little on the large side, I'm so proud of them!

Happy Daisy knitting
Happy Daisy knitting

I cannot wait for Autumn to arrive, so I can wear them more often! I have a whole heap of sock projects lined up - I just need to sit down and do them! I can't wait to move on to more complex patterns :)

2 comments:

  1. REALLY wonderful! they look super cozy & it's nice to finally see them on your tootsies! :]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...